Mondolkiri Trip 18-19-20 March 2011

Since I have been employed for CJCC, this is my first staff party trip to a place, Mondonlkiri province, where I love to go and visit. I feel very happy to see the view not only reaching at the tourism site but also along the high way to the city. I just took some photo for my trip near the roundabout where is the symbol of the city. In order to remember the place that I have visited, so I collect some information to post here, in my blog, and to share for my reader as well.
Please read the info below that related to Mondulkiri.

Here's some more information of this province:

Photo by Chamnan
Mondolkiri (Khmer: មណ្ឌលគីរី) is an eastern province of Cambodia. It is the most sparsely populated province in the country despite being the largest in land area. The capital is Senmonorom town. Mondulkiri is known for its forested hills and powerful waterfalls, and it's also a candidate for eco-tourism in Cambodia.

Minorities/Hill Tribes of Mondulkiri
80 percent of the Mondulkiri's population is made up of ten tribal minorities, with the majority of them being Pnong. The remaining 20 percent are Khmer, Chinese and Muslim Cham. The population lives off the land, planting rice, fruit trees and a variety of vegetables. Others grow strawberries, coffee, rubber and cashew nuts. Although more and more houses are built in 'Khmer style', you still can find the traditional Phnong houses. In the houses you'll find big jars, which are said to be more than a thousand years old, and traditional gongs. There are various sorts of gongs used at different occasions. Jars and gongs are among the most valuable possessions of indigenous communities both in traditional and spiritual as well as material terms. During the times of Pol Pot those objects were buried in hidden places in the jungle and in many cases they still wait in the ground.

Many majestic waterfalls are found in Mondulkiri.
Bou Sra Waterfall
Located at Pich Chinda District, 43 kilometers from Senmonorom town, Bou Sra is the largest waterfall, made famous by a popular Khmer song in Mondulkiri and has two stages.
Senmonorom Waterfall
5 km from town and an easy walk, is not much to look at and used to be a nice picnic spot until the Japanese built a hydro electric power station there and stole all the water.
Romnea Waterfall
10 kilometers from Senmonorom, is actually 1 of 3 large waterfalls that has now been deforested and privatised by a Guesthouse.

  • Pou Lung, 10 km (15 min) from Senmonorom
  • Pou Trou, 20 km (1 hour) from Senmonorom
  • Pou Tang, 8 km (30 min) from Senmonorom

Chamnan Muon

Chamnan Muon is a blogger by passion and an IT guy by profession who has a huge interest in Google Services, Social Media, Technology, Digital Marketing, Business, Startup, ASEAN, IoT, and 360 Photography. He is also a freelance ICT and digital marketing consultant, and trainer, speaker for Google products, esp. on Google Workspace, in Cambodia. facebook twitter instagram linkedin youtube pinterest medium reddit

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post