|Khmer New Year Card 2016 by Chamnan|
The holiday lasts for three days beginning on New Year's Day, which falls on April 13 this year, which is the end of the harvesting season, when farmers enjoy the fruits of their labor before the rainy season begins. Khmers living abroad may choose to celebrate during a weekend rather than just specifically April 13 through 15. These three days called Maha Songkran for first day, Virak Wanabat for second day, and Virak loeurng Sak for final day.
- Temple trip: Siem Reap is the best place to visit temples such as Angkor Wat and biggest cultural event so-called Angkor Sankranta, and Battambang and Pailin are also under their considerations for a waterfall, mountain, and rice field views.
- Coastal/Seaside trip: Sihanoukville, Kampot, Kep, and Koh Kong – these are good choice to visit nice beaches, island, and fresh seaside.
- Nearby Phnom Penh City: Some of the people who has families in Phnom Penh, they consider to eat out nearby restaurants or visit the waterfall in Kirirom resort in Kampong Speu province, and sometimes they go to seaside trip too.
SEE ALSO: Happy Khmer New Year 2015
- Keep doing goodness for society even it is not seen: I always tell myself that human is different so please don’t try others to be yours – just keep trying to solve a social problem for society. Others may not see what you have done good things for your beloved country but you yourself can see it.
- Never give up on what you love to do: It is true that people have to do what they love, so even though she or he faces any problems, they still keep trying. Sooner or later, you will get what you need.
សួស្តីឆ្នាំថ្មី Soursdey Chnam Thmey! Have a safe trip wherever you go!